Thursday, April 28, 2005

I beg pardon?


My mother and grandparents have arrived, which has left me feeling a bit bewildered by the sudden entrance of relatives into my proximity and the old habit patterns which remain. I really don't know how to relate to my relatives the way I can to my friends.
Or it was because I forgot some pills last night. My bad.
But I really think it was the Secret Talk I got after dinner with my family. My mother had been watching me like a hawk all day, and then she leaned in and said, "Your grandparents and I want to talk to you about something."
Oh shit, I thought, I'm crazy and I haven't noticed, and now she's going to send me to the bin again, and god knows what that would provoke-
"We think you pee too much."
"WHAT!?"
"You're only supposed to pee eight times a day. You should really go see a doctor about that. They have medication for it now."
Yes, so now my mother wants me to throw another medication into my cocktail for peeing. PEEING!
There's a comic by Natalie Dee which relates:
I Quit
See more of her daily comics at:
www.nataliedee.com

No comments: