Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Oh yeeeeeah! I am a GOD!


This morning I turned on my computer, only to see it do something completely heinous and evil like NOT RESPOND AT ALL!!

I shouldn't say not respond at all, the power light came on, only to go into epileptic fits of blinking madness. And then the fan went into overdrive. EEEK!

I checked some stuff quickly online, then went through my terribly slim manual that came with the thing. Then I decided it probably had to do with the RAM, due to the blinking lights, then went into the guts of my computer, took out both RAM cards, and then reinstalled them.

It was a little nerve racking, being so involved with the guts of what is a pretty crucial part of my life. So many ways to fuck up. But it worked! The computer's back up and running and I didn't have to take it down to some repair place and spend my pay cheque.


There is one thing I noticed though, which is that the inside is awfully dusty, I'll have to get a can of compressed air and do some tech-y dusting.

I feel like a god. There is nothing like knowing you can conquer technological problems. I think that's why I love my job. It's sometimes like doing a really abstract puzzle.

Anyway, I think I'm going to try and install Linux on one of my partitions. We'll see how it goes.

1 comment:

Robin said...

High 5, Thirza, High 1,2,3,4,5! Working the magic at home and on the job. Maybe you should take to wearing a nifty low-slung toolbelt with every kind of screwdriver,a massive ring of keys, some superglue, some gloves, and a can of compressed air. The last could be used to flirt with all the girls that would really go for this. You could squirt the perfect amount of this into their ears.