Sunday, September 03, 2006

Brit Comedies, it may be Colonization but it sure is fuckin' funny!


Okay, this is the funniest thing I have seen today. Do you remember that totally crap video by Shakespeare's Sisters called Stay? If you don't, check it out first. I warn you, it's total crap, but if you haven't seen it you won't get the next video.

Okay, this is French and Saunder's parody of the same video, and it is so fuckin' GENIUS!!! I love French and Saunders, they totally kick ass.

I love British Comedies, I think they have influenced my sense of humour so much. Are You Being Served, Mr. Bean, Keeping Up Appearances, Absolutely Fabulous, French and Saunders, and Red Dwarf. Oh man, so many good times.

Okay, veering off the funny angle I found this incredible article linked off of Live Journal For Choice. It's called The Only Moral Abortion Is My Abortion and it's about anti-abortion activists who go into the clinics they picket and get an abortion. Here's a choice quote: "A few behave in a very hostile manner, such as calling clinic staff "murderers." Years ago, a clinic counselor in British Columbia told me that one of her patients went into the procedure room apparently fine with her decision to have an abortion. During the abortion, at a stage when it was too late to stop the procedure, the woman started screaming "You murderers!" and other invectives at everyone in the room."

Okay, this is just fucked. The Jewish Memorial in Berlin was going to be covered with a certain kind of chemical that would resist graffiti, things were going along tickety boo until someone pointed out that the company making the graffiti resistant chemical was the same company that manufactured Zyklon B during the Holocaust.

Well, I tried to find some more funny shit, but damn, internet pickin's are slim. I shall have to do more surfing. BTW, if anyone finds a clip of Jennifer Saunders and Dawn French as performance artists, let me know where it is, as it is my all time favorite French and Saunders skit!

No comments: