Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Things to do with my Body when I'm Dead

Not that I plan to be dead anytime soon. For god's sakes, I just spent a fair chunk of change on a new microphone and some more batteries for my video camera. But there are all kinds of things you can plan to do with your corpse after you have shuffled off this mortal coil.

You could get it sent into space for example, for a small fee.

You could have your bones compressed into a diamond.

You could donate your body to the body farm and let scientists measure how you naturally decompose.

You could donate your body to Gunther Von Hagen's for plasticination and end up being viewed in shows around the world.

Or you could donate your body to science. Which is kind of scary. I mean, who knows what people will do with you.

I've weighed all the options, and since burial kinda disturbs me, I'm going with cremation. I wouldn't want to be a diamond and get lost somewhere along the way. And I definitely would not want to float around for eternity in space.

Did you know they still embalm you for cremation? Kinda weird. Embalming is really bad for the environment. a totally green funeral would be cool, but I've never researched it.

I'm not really this morbid, I don't know why I know so many things you can do with your dead body.

1 comment:

Vanilla said...

This is FANTASTIC that you are thinking about this! It's not morbid.
I'm in the process of setting up a non-profit to help get the word out about what happens to you after death and promoting awareness. Why not know and choose what would be best for you?
I keep a blog http://rememberwellnet.wordpress.com/ and work to promote green alternatives.
Keep talking about this. It's important.