Monday, June 20, 2005

Freak.


Today I had a massive nicotine crave and went for a walk to chill out. As I was walking along I came to a part of the sidewalk that had bushes on one side of it and a fence on the other. And there was one of THOSE sprinklers. You surely know the kind I mean, lean jets of water shooting out in a staccato like an AK-47 gone awry. It was "Shook! Shook! Shook!" coming at me, and there was nothing I could do but run as if my very soul depended on it. So I RAN! And then I stopped just as abruptly, because of course a sprinkler doesn't travel that far.

So I continued on my walk and saw this lanky figure coming towards me with a big bag of laundry on her back, sunglasses, and a straw cowboy hat. Her hair was coming out every which way, and I thought "What a freak."

I get closer and it's my ex girlfriend.

"Were you running from that sprinkler?" she asks me, sort of laughing at me.

"Yeah."

"I didn't see it until now, I thought you were just another freak in the neighborhood."

No comments: