Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Law Office Drag Donations, Anyone?


Well, the job hunt continues. I did get a call from an employment agency looking to place someone as an office services clerk in a law office. It's work I've done before, way, way, in the past, so I'm up to the job. However I don't really have a wardrobe than lends itself well to a law office. It's perfectly fine for a call centre, but eee, I don't think jeans and a t-shirt will go over well in a law office, even though I have gotten away with it before.

Aside from that, I'm just surfing jobs sites and then taking breaks to look up mini dachshunds, like this little fellow down in Washington, or his even more handsome brother. Just coveting puppies. I think either or them would be perfect for me, and oh so cute.

People have been acting pretty funny about my wanting a dog at the end of the summer. Some people are really happy about it, and then others get all grumbly and parental about the whole thing in this really ageist way that flies up my nose.

27 and I'm still dealing with ageism. I guess ageism is always there, it just changes. Whatever. Fuck you ageism!

Stef if you are reading this and it's still Wednesday night, call me.

Tomorrow night Fit of Pique: The Zine will be showing at the Helen Pitt, along with many other zines made by emily carr students and others! It's at 102-148 Alexander, 7:30 pm. Do come and flirt with me. And buy my zine.

My one regret about quitting smoking is I never did learn how to blow a smoke ring.

Thirteen days smoke free, and I am very very proud of myself.

No comments: