Sunday, December 03, 2006

Industrial


Today I got my industrial. I've been babbling about it on here for a while so I thought I'd let you know how it went.

I totally have to do a plug for Schmatta, of all the piercing shops I've been to I've liked their style the best. Somehow it's not as ridiculously painful. They have pretty sure hands.

And they don't mince around with Ylang Ylang and three deep breaths. I guess for me that involves too much anticipation and it makes me have a harder time with pain.

So I was freaked out about the pain, especially after hearing that the industrial is one of the most painful piercings. It was painful, I won't lie, but it wasn't ungodly awful. It was a slow sharp pinchy pain. The most painful body mod I did was getting the inside of my upper arm tattooed, which felt like getting slowly skinned alive.

And now I have a pretty, spikey bar going through my upper ear.

The downside to this piercing is that I've been told sometimes they can take up to eight months to heal. Oy!

It probably bled a lot too but I didn't see that. I did drink a lot last night, so my blood is probably still pretty thin. And lucky for me I was the second Industrial of the day, which made me feel a bit better that he knew what he was doing.

I hope I can get a few of my tattoos done soon too. I also have another piercing I want, but most people won't get to see it anyway.

No comments: