Sunday, January 01, 2012

A New Beginning: 2012

All beginnings are new actually, so it's kind of a redundant title. But I wanted to open with something that sounds inspiring.

I didn't have a cigarette this New Years Eve, even though I was at a bar and could have just walked out and bought one from someone standing outside in the cold with fifty cents. BUT NO! I used my money for drinks and some other stuff and I had a good time, I didn't even really think about cigarettes until someone asked me if I was going to smoke. I said no. Because I don't even really WANT to smoke. It grosses me out. And I read this quit smoking quote that went something like "If I smoke I will be back where I started, and where I started was wanting to be where I am now." It's true. I hated smoking. I just wanted to give it up. And I did give it up over and over and over. I just kept going back to it, it would start with thinking one puff wouldn't hurt and I could go back to my quit. But I didn't go back to my quit after that puff, it lead to another puff, and another, until I was at the store buying cigarettes again because everyone was annoyed with me bumming theirs. Bad bad bad!

Ironically, I was going to cap off the year by puffing on that thing I love that isn't tobacco, but nobody had any last night! :O It was shocking! I was going to puff away and then try six sober weeks. But there was nothing to be had. Sooooo, I dunno. Should I just go straight into my six sober weeks, or should I get some stuff and have a last hurrah? I get paid tomorrow, and I have to see The Dude anyway to pay him back some money. It would make sense to get some. But maybe I am just making excuses. My brain is trying to come up with any flimsy reason to buy more. Flim flam!

This week we start using our leisure cards. I am going to fork out the thirty bucks to get acquainted with the gym equipment. I want some muscle definition in my arms. I don't care about a flat tummy or even losing weight, I just want to know I will have stamina when I am finally having sex again. Some girls take a really long time to climax and it sucks to have your arm give out when they are on the verge. I suppose by this logic I should also be licking a lot of ice cream cones. What the hell can you do to exercise your tongue? Tongue twisters? I dunno. Ululating?

Maybe.

Kissing would be good tongue exercise, but I have no one to kiss, so that's out.

And yet because I quit smoking, I am so much more kissable! :D I would actually taste nice, not like a divine ashtray.

I have to get serious about my business. BLAH! I don't even feel like writing about all the things I have to do regarding that. But I should make myself a plan for the next six months of what I am going to do.

This week we will HOPEFULLY find out about the grants we applied for, Mum applied for a grant to make some new work and go to a bead store in Washington (the state), and I applied to do a video about being butch and also do the editing in Hamburg at a residency. So I don't know what will happen, I hope I get it. I've been feeling very discouraged about grants these days. The last two years I have only gotten travel grants. Also I am thinking about getting started on writing a production grant application, which will be due April 1st in the Aboriginal Section. I'm nervous about that too, because you can only apply with a project twice and then that project is killed if you don't get your grant. Which is what happened to my Mars video, which is sad because I thought it was a really good idea and would have advanced my career a lot.

Sometimes I feel so misunderstood.

I'm interested in telling stories about queer folks that are about larger topics and just happen to have queer characters in them. Like Bunnyhug is a queer film but it's really about going crazy. That kind of thing.

I have to call PAVED Arts on Tuesday and rent some equipment, but they don't have a list of their mobile equipment on their website anymore, which is problematic!

Automatic problematic.

There is a small child here and both the other adults who look after him are sleeping. So I am stuck being a child wrangler. I'm not doing a very good job of it either, right now he is turning the water on and off.

I moved my bedroom upstairs on Friday. I am liking it so far, but I dislike that I can't shut the door or the dogs and cat freak out in the middle of the night and paw at it and scratch it, and it doesn't matter if they are in or out of the room, they paw at it either way.

I did come to a major decision though. Beatrix Kitty has started peeing on everything, so I am going to let her go to a different home. If she keeps peeing on their stuff, then I am going to suggest she move to the country and be a barn cat. It sucks, because she is a really sweet kitty, but I can't stand it when cats pee on my stuff. It's a dealbreaker for me.

Anyway, three dogs is enough, we don't need a cat too.

Oooh! I gotta go! Cripes! Maybe I will write more laterz!

No comments: