Saturday, March 10, 2007

Happy Videos


Bjork comes from a patented gene pool.

I love Bjork. I think just about all of her music has come at just the right moment in my life. Army of Me was my high school song. I still watch Tank Girl once a year, which had this song in it.



This is Tori Amos singing Glory of the 80's. This is what Tori had to say about this song:
"Mainly the honesty of the decadence of that decade. There's the line and then, just when it all seemed clear you go and disappear. I knew a lot of great people in the eighties but at the time I didn't always understand them. Now, there's such a void in the art world, people with vision have physically passed on. It's also a stab at political correctness - you can't say this, you can't say that; now everybody has to be called a Spanish American, an African American and I mean... Oh bloody, fucking hell!!! I understand the abuses that have happened and I absolutely think recompense should be paid, but you don't do it just on a surface level. Everybody thinks that the debt has been paid to the 'quote unquote' Indians who had their land taken away from them because we call them Native Americans. It's hard when everything is so eggshell, eggshell, eggshell. I do miss the eighties. It was great, knowing that friends were on one hand dialing a charity and on the other hand doing a line of blow -- but not lying about it, being honest. None of us are this light and dark fantasy. What's dark to you may be light to me and vice versa."

No comments: